Prompt 2 (Blakeslee p. 41): Developing a Criteria Sheet for Your Proposal
Checklist for evaluating my research proposal
- Does the proposal have a clear research question about gender and tech comm?
- Does the literature review address gaps in existing work that my research fills in?
- Do I explain how I came to be interested in tech comm and in gender studies?
- Do I explain that my goal is to examine how gender affects communication practices?
- Do I map out my plans and methods for evaluating how gender affects tech comm practices?
- Do I explain who the audience is? (Is the audience other researchers or laypeople? If it’s laypeople, where does one publish such a study?)
- Do I include anticipated outcomes? (This study should produce an article and could be incorporated into a dissertation.)
- Does the proposal discuss potential bias?
- Does the proposal discuss the IRB process?
Prompt 3 (Blakeslee p. 41): Planning Your Research
Alternative 3: Developing an idea map; see image below.